August 24, 2016 – Omaha, Neb. – Proxibid (www.proxibid.com), the world’s most trusted way to connect buyers and sellers of highly valued items, today announced that Silverstone Auctions (www.silverstoneauctions.com), a world-class auction house for the sale of classic cars, will bring its upcoming Salon Privé Sale to the Proxibid Marketplace. While the vehicles in the auction are beautiful and highly sought after in their own right, they hold in common quality and low mileage, making this year the most exciting Salon Privé event to date. Live bidding will begin Saturday, September 3 at 3:00 PM EUR, but online bidding is already available by visiting www.proxibid.com/silverstone.
“The exquisite quality of these vehicles, coupled with the low mileage, makes this collection of vehicles among the best we’ve ever seen,” said Guy Lees-Milne, General Manager and Classic Car Specialist with Silverstone Auctions. “Several will be of special interest to American buyers, so we are excited to partner with Proxibid for online bidding to ensure buyers around the world can participate safely and securely.”
Buyers who cannot attend the event live in person can participate with confidence on Proxibid – unrivaled in the industry for risk management and fraud prevention. Collectors will not want to miss the opportunity to bid live on vehicles such as:
- Lot 258 – 1968 Shelby GT500: An American classic, this Shelby has covered just 200 fine-weather miles in the last six years and has been kept in pristine condition.
- Lot 204 – 1990 Audi RS Quattro Turbo 20v: A show condition model, this best-of-breed example is extremely clean and shows a total mileage of just 16,231.
- Lot 207 – 1959 Jaguar XK150 3.4 S Drophead Coupe: One of 37 right hand drive examples ever produced, the vehicle offered is finished in a stunning pearl grey with red hood envelop and crank damper. It is estimated between £130,000 – £160,000.
- Lot 209 – 1973 Citroen DS Super 5: Probably the best Citroen DS in the world. Having undergone a high quality restoration and featured on both Top Gear and Fifth Gear, this example is delivered with a full history of photographic restoration folders, 150 magazine features, and more.
- Lot 211 – 1998 Ferrari 550 Maranello: Delivered new to the Isle of Man from an official Ferrari dealer in 1998, the vehicle has covered just 1,977 miles since. It has clearly been meticulously maintained, carrying an estimate of £180,000.
- Lot 218 – 1992 Lotus Esprit Turbo SE: This car was first registered in the U.K. in 1992 and has covered an incredible 1,800 miles from new. The bodywork is finished in the original flat black and interior is the original cream leather hide in preserved condition.
- Lot 222 – 1982 Ferrari 512 BBi: Having covered limited miles of just 9,008, the Ferrari offered is in impressive condition with a full breakdown of all maintenance and restoration included with the vehicle.
- Lot 228 – 2016 Lamborghini Aventador SV Roadster 1 of 500: Featuring three engine modes and a top speed of 217mph, this is the fastest Lamborghini convertible ever built. This example has a bespoke interior and just 59 km on the odometer.
- Lot 250 – 2011 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0: This RS has been regularly maintained annually and has covered 27,000 miles. This car is a must have for the Porsche collector and enthusiast.
- Lot 257 – 1990 Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II: This Evo II is number 452 of 502 cars ever made and was supplied new to the U.K. in 1990. The vehicle has covered just 885 miles.
- Lot 267 – 1992 Ferrari 512TR: Finished in Rossa Corsa with a Nero Black leather interior, the “new car smell” is still evident in this 24-year-old vehicle. With 5,157 miles on the odometer, this vehicle is possibly one of the finest conditioned 512 TRs available on the market.
For more information about this sale, to view the online catalog or to place a bid, please visit www.proxibid.com/silverstone.
Visit on online at www.proxibid.com
Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/proxibid
Follow us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/proxibid
Follow us on Instagram www.instagram.com/proxibid
Proxibid provides auction companies and asset owners with access to the most trusted way to buy and sell highly valued items online. More than $4 billion in inventory passes through Proxibid’s Marketplace annually via live and timed auctions, and Buy Now and Make Offer capabilities, across 15 categories that include heavy equipment; industrial machinery; real estate; fine art; antiques and collectibles, and more.
Founded in 2001, Proxibid is headquartered in Omaha, NE with offices in South Sioux City, NE and London. For more information about Proxibid, please visit www.proxibid.com.
About Silverstone Auctions
Formed in 2011, Silverstone Auctions is a world-class, specialist auction house for the sale of classic cars, modern supercars, all types of competition cars, modern and historic motorcycles as well as automotive memorabilia.
The company holds the exclusive automotive auction rights for Silverstone circuit and host sales as stand-alone events as well as an integrated element of some of Europe’s biggest motorsport events such as the Silverstone Classic Festival. In addition to sales at the circuit, it also hosts a number of auctions each year at other major classic car events including the NEC Classic Motor Show, Race Retro, and Salon Privé.