Bedford Hills, NY and Omaha, NE—May 3, 2016—The Finest Automobile Auctions, a new auction house focused on delivering the finest experience for collector car enthusiasts, and Proxibid, the world’s most trusted way to connect buyers and sellers of highly valued items, are pleased to present an impressive lineup of collector cars available for auction at The Elegance at Hershey. On Saturday, June 11 at 1:00 pm Eastern, live and online bidding provided by Proxibid will commence, but prebidding for this auction is already available by visiting the auction catalog.
The Finest Automobile Auctions provides beautiful and significant vehicles for purchase, curated from some of the world’s most esteemed collections. The vehicles available for purchase at the Elegance at Hershey will delight collectors of all types, ranging from pre-war classics to modern sports cars, imports, military vehicles, and race models spanning several decades.
“We are excited to share the automobiles available in this auction with collectors from across the globe,” said Bradley R. Farrell, CEO of The Finest Automobile Auctions. “Vehicles of this caliber do not often become available for sale. This auction is a collector’s dream. Online bidding provided by Proxibid means collectors from anywhere in the world can log on and participate without having to attend the live auction.”
Fifty curated automobiles will be available for auction at the Elegance at Hershey, including four vehicles from The John W. Rich Collection, a private collection of some of the most unique and historic vehicles produced. The inaugural live auction from The Finest Automobile Auctions will include:
- 1938 Mercedes Benz 540K Norrmalm Cabriolet: This is one of only three cars known to exist with Norrmalm coachwork, and the only Mercedes Benz with the aforementioned design. The vehicle’s heavy top and structure with clean lines is an innovative technique for the time. Est: $950,000 – $1.3M.
- 1939 Bentley Mark V 4.25 Litre: Perhaps the most exquisite Bentley Mark V ever produced, this is the only cabriolet made in this model. This pre-war Bentley is a piece of the JWR collection, and is estimated at $850,000 – $1.2M.
- 1952 SIATA: 300 BC Sport Spider: The third of 40 built, this beautiful machine is an award-winning privateer racer that recently underwent a $247,000 refurbishment and is ready to roll. It is estimated at $350,000 – $425,000.
- 1927 Bugatti Type 38A Grand Sport: Bugatti produced only 385 Type 38 automobiles with only 39 in the supercharged 38-A form such as this vehicle. This automobile is part of The JWR Collection. Est: $400,000 – $600,000.
- 1932 Hupmobile Series R-11 5 Passenger Special Touring: This classic vehicle is not only in great condition, but proceeds will benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. The vehicle is estimated at $8,500 – $15,000.
- 1954 Jaguar XK120M Race Trim: Considered by many to be one of the most beautiful cars ever produced, the Jaguar XK120 debuted at the London Motor Show in 1948, and was the fastest production car in the world at the time of its launch. Est. $100,000-$150,000.
The Finest Automobile Auctions places emphasis on the buying experience, and no detail has been spared in providing the background and provenance of each available vehicle. Buyers can rest assured that in addition to preview inspections onsite, they have access to complete and detailed information in the auction catalog and online to ensure they are making an educated decision. Adding a new vehicle to a collection has never been safer, with detailed buying information and Proxibid’s robust, state-of-the-art risk management system employed for every transaction. Buyers can trust their purchases are secure in the Proxibid Marketplace.
Visit us online at www.proxibid.com
Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/proxibid
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/proxibid
Follow us on Instagram www.instagram.com/proxibid
Proxibid provides auction companies and asset owners with access to the most trusted way to buy and sell highly valued items online. More than $4 billion in inventory passes through Proxibid’s Marketplace annually via live and timed auctions, and Buy Now and Make Offer capabilities, across 15 categories that include heavy equipment; industrial machinery; real estate; fine art; antiques and collectibles, and more.
Founded in 2001, Proxibid is headquartered in Omaha, NE with offices in South Sioux City, NE and London. For more information about Proxibid, please visit www.proxibid.com.