Omaha, NE and London, United Kingdom – December 8, 2014 – Proxibid (www.proxibid.com), the most trusted online Marketplace for buying and selling highly valued items, will provide live online bidding for the Smile Britannia Annual Art Auction taking place Saturday, December 13 at 6:30 pm EUR (GMT) the Houses of Parliament in London. Smile Britannia brings together some of the UK’s best contemporary and urban artists for an auction to raise funds and awareness for various projects for participating charities, Temwa and Last Night a DJ Saved My Life, taking place throughout the globe. Online bidding is already available by visiting www.proxibid.com/smilebritannia.
Art enthusiasts will not want to miss the opportunity to bid on original works by leading artists including Picasso, Goldie, Inkie, Copyright and Turner Prize winner Richard Long and many others, all based on the theme, “Contrasts.” The auction will be hosted by hip hop auctioneer and Babyhead front man, Tom Mauger. Featured items in this auction include:
- Buste de Femme 1963 – Pablo Picasso: Medium – Oil on canvas. Signed “Picasso” (upper left); dated ‘23/5/63’.
- Life and Death – Goldie: Music pioneer, contemporary & graffiti artist, drum ‘n’ bass icon, DJ, actor and producer, Goldie’s creations now hang in galleries around the world and in the private collections of films stars, millionaires and royalty. Medium: Giclee print with five layers of silk screen varnish. Edition of 100.
- River Avon Mud Fingerprints – Richard Long: Richard Long CBE is an English sculptor, photographer and painter and one of the best known British land artists. Long is the only artist to be shortlisted for the Turner Prize four times. He was nominated in 1984, 1987 and 1988 and he then won the award in 1989 for White Water Line. Medium: Drawing on painted wood.
- Deco Liz Aqua – Inkie: Inkie is one of the most prolific graffiti writers to emerge from the 80s’ Bristol scene. Dubbed “Banksy’s right hand man” by the Daily Mail, Inkie’s work has been published in the books Banksy’s Bristol, Children of the Can, Graffiti World, Street Fonts and magazines GQ and Dazed & Confused. His work is coveted by celebrity collectors, including: Robbie Williams, Jade Jagger, Massive Attack, Sean Pertwee, Jude Law, Roni Size and Stephen Dorff. Medium: Silkscreen print with 24 carat gold leaf and black diamond dust. AP 3 of 5.
- Grannies – Banksy: Along with the rest of the LA Edition, the Banksy print “Grannies” first saw a release for sale in 2006 at Barely Legal in the form of 100 unsigned prints (but numbered out of 500). There are a limited number of signed prints from this edition in circulation (low edition numbers and proofs), but these never went on general sale. Later that year saw a UK POW release in the form of 150 signed, and 500 unsigned prints. Medium: Unsigned screenprint on paper. Edition of 500.
Smile Britannia is sponsored by the London Westbank Gallery, in collaboration with the Last Night a DJ Saved My Life Foundation, a charitable foundation providing a platform for the dance music industry to make a positive impact to communities around the world, and Temwa, which works to support the people of Northern Malawi, one of the most disadvantaged and remote regions in the world.
For more information about Smile Britannia, to view the auction catalog or to place a bid, please visit www.proxibid.com/smilebritannia.
Visit us online at www.proxibid.com
“Like” us on Facebook www.facebook.com/proxibid
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/proxibid
Proxibid provides asset owners of all sizes and buyers with access to the world’s most trusted online marketplace and selling solutions for excess inventory. More than $2 billion in inventory passes through Proxibid’s marketplace annually in product categories that include heavy equipment; commercial and industrial equipment; real estate; fine art, antiques and collectibles and more.
Founded in 2001, Proxibid is headquartered in Omaha, NE. For more information about Proxibid, please visit www.proxibid.com.