Omaha, NE—February 24, 2016—Proxibid, the world’s most trusted way to connect buyers and sellers of highly valued items, will become a mecca for collector car enthusiasts when Silverstone Auctions brings two weekends of highly anticipated auctions to the online Marketplace. The Race Retro Sales will take place February 26-28 in Coventry, Warwickshire, UK; followed by The Restoration Show Sale, taking place March 6 in Birmingham, West Midlands, UK.
Bidders from anywhere in the world with an internet connection can participate online with Proxibid. Online bidding for both auctions is already available by visiting www.proxibid.com/silverstone.
The Race Retro Sales:
The Race Retro Classic Car sale encompasses several events sure to catch the attention of even the most astute collector.
- Race Retro Competition Car Sale—Friday, February 26 at 3:00 pm EUR: From the racetrack to the roadway, the high-powered collection of competition cars is a can’t miss event for collectors of all types.
- Race Retro Automobilia & Watches Sale Day 1—Saturday, February 27 at 10:30 am EUR: More than 100 sought-after lots of classic car automobilia and watches will be auctioned via live webcast on Proxibid.
- Race Retro Classic Car Sale Day 1—Saturday, February 27 at 1:30 pm EUR: Collectors will rejoice at the chance to purchase the 43 excellent vehicles up for bid, including a 1989 BMW E30 M3 Johnny Cecotto and a 1996 Ferrari F355 Spider.
- Race Retro Automobilia & Watches Sale Day 2—Sunday, February 28 at 10:30 am EUR: More than 100 pieces of classic car automobilia and watches will cross the auction block.
- Race Retro Classic Car Sale Day 2—Sunday, February 28 at 1:30 pm EUR: The second day will feature a collection of classic cars, modern sports cars, and motorcycles, including a 1995 Ferrari 512M and a 1994 Jaguar XJ220.
The Restoration Show Sale:
The Practical Classics Restoration & Classic Car Show is the UK’s fastest growing classic car event.
- The Restoration Show Automobilia and Watches Sale – Sunday, March 6 at 10:00 am EUR: Bid live online on 80 lots of automobilia and fine watches during this auction.
- The Restoration Car Show Sale 2016—Sunday, March 6 at 1:30 pm EUR: Now is your chance to own 1973 Ferrari 365 GT4 Berlinetta Boxer and a 2011 Porsche GT3 RS 4.0 997.
Silverstone Auctions, a world-class specialist auction house for the sale of collector cars and automotive memorabilia, selected Proxibid as its exclusive provider for online bidding because of the company’s commitment to risk management and fraud prevention. With the industry-leading risk mitigation tool, Marketguard™, Proxibid is uniquely positioned to ensure buyer information is protected, making it the most trusted place to purchase highly valued items like collector cars online. Proxibid is the only place where buyers can participate in Silverstone’s sales online.
For more information about Silverstone Auctions, to view auction catalogs, or to place bids, please visit www.proxibid.com/silverstone.
Visit us online at www.proxibid.com
“Like” us on Facebook www.facebook.com/proxibid
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/proxibid
Proxibid provides asset owners of all sizes and buyers with access to the world’s most trusted online Marketplace and selling solutions for excess inventory. More than $4 billion in inventory passes through Proxibid’s marketplace annually in product categories that include heavy equipment; commercial and industrial equipment; real estate; fine art, antiques and collectibles and more.
Founded in 2001, Proxibid is headquartered in Omaha, NE with offices in South Sioux City, NE and London. For more information about Proxibid, please visit www.proxibid.com.
About Silverstone Auctions
Formed in 2011, Silverstone Auctions is a world-class, specialist auction house for the sale of classic cars, modern supercars, all types of competition cars, modern and historic motorcycles as well as automotive memorabilia.
The company holds the exclusive automotive auction rights for Silverstone circuit and host sales as stand-alone events as well as an integrated element of some of Europe’s biggest motorsport events such as the Silverstone Classic Festival. In addition to sales at the circuit, it also hosts a number of auctions each year at other major classic car events including the NEC Classic Motor Show, Race Retro, and Salon Privé.