August 19, 2014 – Omaha, Neb. – Proxibid(www.proxibid.com), the most trusted online Marketplace for buying and selling highly valued items, today announced that Silverstone Auctions (www.silverstoneauctions.com), a world-class auctionhouse for the sale of classic cars, will bring its upcoming Salon Privé sale of the rarest cars in the world to the Proxibid Marketplace. The sale will take place at Syon House in London at 6p.m. EUR (UTC) on Thurs., Sept. 4 with live online bidding commencing at that time via Proxibid. Online bidding is already available by visiting www.proxibid.com/silverstone.
Salon Privé is a three-day automotive Garden Party that includes a sale of dozens of exquisite cars representing the very best of breed, providing collectors from across the globe the opportunity to acquire some of the finest and rarest cars in the world. From magnificent pre-war classics to modern supercars, this sale includes a selection of the most extraordinary cars available on the market today.
Included in the sale is the Stradale Collection, a unique assortment of high quality and original cars; a Cadillac limousine which served as the official state limousine for Eva Peron, affectionately remembered as Evita, and her husband, the Argentine President Juan Peron; a 1963 Ferrari 250 GT/L “Lusso”, regarded as the most beautiful of Pinifarina designs for Ferrari; and the first Range Rover, chassis #001, to roll off the assembly line.
“We are delighted to be able to share the Salon Privé sale with collectors across the globe,” said Paul Campbell, Sales Manager with Silverstone Auctions. “This is the premier sale of the year with automobiles buyers won’t see again for some time. And online bidding with Proxibid ensures any buyer across the globe with an Internet connection can safely participate in this event.”
Collectors will not want to miss the opportunity to bid live online on the beautiful vehicles available in this sale. These autos will likely not become available for sale again anytime soon. Take advantage of this rare opportunity to bid and purchase rare gems such as:
- Lot 115 – 1970 Aston Martin DB6 Mk.II Volante: This sister car to HRH Prince Charles’s db6 Mk 2 Volante, which was immortalized by Prince William and Kate at the Royal Wedding, is one of only 38 ever produced, and one of just 17 to feature the preferred manual gearbox. Estimated between £820,000 – £920,000.
- Lot 117 – 1997 Ferrari F50: Just one of 346 Ferrari F50s to be built, this vehicle has only 6,219 miles and is estimated between £600,000 – £700,000.
- Lot 119 – 1971 Ferrari GTS/4 Daytona Spyder: What is thought to be one of the all-time “ultimate” Ferraris – this very rare 1971 Ferrari 365GTS/4 Daytona Spyder is just one of 122 ever produced and was delivered new in 1971 to US casino owner William F. Harrah. With only 3,955 miles, the car was granted Ferrari Classiche certification in 2009, a testament to its pristine original state. Estimated between £1.75 and £2.25 million.
- Lot 122 – 1968 Lamborghini Miura P400: Presented in its original striking yellow, this beauty is estimated between £600,000 – £750,000.
- Lot 123 – 1931 Bentley 4 ½ Litre Blower – SM3925: This is regarded as one of the most charismatic cars of all time, and is number 25, the final car in the first batch of just 50 produced. Estimated at between £2.2 – £2.5 million.
For more information about this sale, to view the online catalog or to place a bid, please visit www.proxibid.com/silverstone.
Proxibid provides asset owners of all sizes and buyers with access to the world’s most trusted online Marketplace and selling solutions for excess inventory. More than $2 billion in inventory passes through Proxibid’s marketplace annually in product categories that include heavy equipment; commercial and industrial equipment; real estate; fine art, antiques and collectibles and more.
Founded in 2001, Proxibid is headquartered in Omaha, NE with offices in New York and London. For more information about Proxibid, please visit www.proxibid.com.
About Silverstone Auctions
Formed in 2011, Silverstone Auctions is a world-class, specialist auction house for the sale of classic cars, modern supercars, all types of competition cars, modern and historic motorcycles as well as automotive memorabilia.
The company holds the exclusive automotive auction rights for Silverstone circuit and host sales as stand-alone events as well as an integrated element of some of Europe’s biggest motorsport events such as the Silverstone Classic Festival.
In addition to sales at the circuit, it also hosts a number of auctions each year at other major classic car events including the NEC Classic Motor Show, Race Retro and for the first time in 2014, Salon Privé.