Omaha, NE – October 10, 2017 – Proxibid (www.proxibid.com), the world’s most trusted way to connect buyers and sellers of highly valued items, will provide online bidding for the John Lewis Collection Auction presented by VanDerBrink Auctions LLC. The live auction will take place Saturday, October 21 at 9:30 AM in Lawton, OK, with online bidding via Proxibid commencing at that time. Prebidding is already available by visiting the auction catalog on Proxibid.
John Lewis had an affinity for prewar brass and nickel era cars, and also a unique flair for firetrucks—having been a fireman. The collection features several firetrucks, trucks, and limos, in addition to sedans, touring cars, coupes, and automobilia. In total, 175 lots will be offered at auction at no reserve, many of which are rare or unique items.
Featured vehicles for sale in this auction include:
- Rare 1925 White Tourist Bus: Restored in yellow and emblazoned with Yellowstone Park decals, this bus was one of Mr. Lewis’ favorite items in his collection. It is extremely rare, and took several years for Mr. Lewis to find and procure.
- 1928 Dodge Brothers Victory 6 Four Door Sedan Deluxe: An original car with touch ups, this item comes with several documents pertaining to its history and has just 13,000 original miles logged.
- Rare 1918 REO Speedwagon Express Truck Fire Truck: The truck has a history as a military ambulance in World War II, but was remanufactured into a Gypsy Wagon and features a horn, large headlights, and fire equipment.
- Early 1900s Konrad Rosenbauer Horse Drawn Fire Engine – Pumper Cart: This restored Austrian model has an air-cooled, four-cylinder gas engine. It is also equipped with a pump and two hose reels.
- 1928 Rare Henney Hearse: A well-documented restore, this hearse features ornate wood carving and gold striping. It is fitted with a flathead six-cylinder motor and manual transmission.
- Rare 1910 Knox Open Cab Stakebed Truck: This truck appears original, but the engine has been replaced with a 1950s HEMI and theater seats added to the bed. This item is rare and of museum quality.
“This rare collection of prewar cars and trucks is one for the ages,” said Yvette VanDerBrink, Owner and Auctioneer of VanDerBrink Auctions, LLC. “Not only are the cars unique, but well-documented, offering buyers a chance at a piece of history. For those who cannot attend in person, we’re excited to offer this collection to buyers on Proxibid, where we know buyers can place their bids with confidence.”
Proxibid offers the industry’s most sophisticated fraud prevention system, which is designed specifically to protect high dollar purchases like the rare vehicles available in this auction. Only Proxibid ensures 99.99+ percent uptime, making it the most reliable online bidding platform available.
For more information and to place a bid, visit the auction catalog.
Proxibid provides auction companies and asset owners with access to the most trusted way to buy and sell highly valued items online. More than $4 billion in inventory passes through the Proxibid platform annually via live and timed auctions, and Buy Now and Make Offer transactions, across 15 categories including: heavy equipment, industrial machinery, real estate, fine art, antiques and collectibles, and more.
Founded in 2001, Proxibid is headquartered in Omaha, NE with offices in South Sioux City, NE and London. For more information about Proxibid, please visit www.proxibid.com.