Omaha, NE—July 19, 2016—Proxibid, the world’s most trusted way to connect buyers and sellers of highly valued items, will bring the most exclusive selection of classic cars, modern sports cars, and motorcycles to online buyers when the Silverstone Classic Race and Classic Car Auctions go live online later this month. The auctions begin Thursday, July 28 with the Classic Race Car Sale and carry through the weekend with Classic Car auctions on Saturday, July 30 and Sunday, July 31. Bidders from anywhere in the world with an internet connection can participate online with Proxibid. Online bidding is already available by visiting www.proxibid.com/silverstone.
This auction, presented by Silverstone Auctions, a world-class specialist auction house for the sale of collector cars and automotive memorabilia, features an assortment of important left-hand drive vehicles sure to catch the attention of collector car enthusiasts from across the globe. The current value of the British Sterling against the U.S. Dollar makes this event a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to purchase a vehicle at an incredible price. Whether an experienced collector, or just getting started, this auction is primed with beautiful automobiles in left-hand drive, including:
- 2009 Ferrari 430 Scuderia: Originally supplied to Germany in 2009, this vehicle today has just 28,000 km (17,600 mi). While the car is in outstanding condition, the vehicle will undergo service just prior to the auction and a fresh MoT by renowned Ferrari Specialists, Terry Keys.
- 1948 Buick Roadmaster Convertible: This vehicle is in “barn find” condition. A similar ’49 Roadmaster Convertible was featured in the film Rain Man, making this a seriously cool restoration project.
- 2002 Ferrari 456M GTA: This left-hand drive Ferrari was the fastest production four-seater in the world at the time of its debut. This well-presented example shows just 23,000 mi from new and has recently had major service, including brakes and belts.
- 1990 Ferrari 348TB: The vehicle offered is just one of 60 pre-production cars that were released to Ferrari dealers. With just 1,553 miles, this is an exceptional example with all the power and grace to fit with any collection.
- 2005 Ford GT: Accelerating from 0-60 in about 3.5 seconds, Ford GT40s won four consecutive overall victories at Le Mans. With only 10,080 miles and Roush upgrades, this fully original example packs all the power expected of a Ford GT, making it a highly sought after collectible.
- 1953 Alfa Romeo 1900 Speciale by ATL: This simple, yet sporty vehicle has Alfa Romeo’s classic four-cylinder 1900 twin-camshaft engine derived from the 6C – a superb compact engine with plenty of kick. This is a truly unmissable opportunity to own an affordable work of art.
- 1992 Porsche 911 (964) RS Clubsport: Experts often rate the 964 RS as the greatest 911 chassis ever, and this vehicle has been intelligently developed to feel equally at home on the road and circuit. This example has gradually evolved into one of the ultimate 911s money can buy today.
- 1981 Porsche 924 Carrera GTR: This amazing one owner, 109 kilometers from new, survivor is only one of only two cars delivered to Japan from new (the other example having been used for racing). The car was brought into the country in 1981 by Porsche importer ‘Garage Italya’, and is surely the best available example of Porsche’s ultimate and rare incarnation of the 924.
- 2007 Ford Fusion NASCAR: Owned and driven by the legendary Robby Gordon, this car is a very exciting and rare vehicle, and a first for Silverstone Auctions. Fitted with a small block engine that has been professionally built by Menards Racing Development, the vehicle retained expensive and crucial parts that make it an exciting proposition for any race fan.
“This auction is a collector’s dream. And with the current value of British Sterling against the dollar, now is the time for U.S. buyers to take advantage,” said Guy Lees-Milne, General Manager and Classic Car Specialist with Silverstone Auctions. “We have partnered with Proxibid for live online bidding to ensure anyone, regardless of location, can participate in this auction. Proxibid’s robust bidding platform offers the industry’s most secure way to buy collector cars online.”
Proxibid offers the industry’s most robust risk management system, designed to make certain buyers are safe when transacting online. That, combined with the company’s sophisticated online bidding solution, ensuring 99.9+ percent uptime, makes Proxibid the most trusted place to buy highly valued items like collector cars on the web.
For more information about Silverstone Auctions, to view auction catalogs, or to place bids, please visit www.proxibid.com/silverstone.
Visit on online at www.proxibid.com
Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/proxibid
Follow us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/proxibid
Follow us on Instagram www.instagram.com/proxibid
Proxibid provides asset owners of all sizes and buyers with access to the world’s most trusted online Marketplace and selling solutions for excess inventory. More than $4 billion in inventory passes through Proxibid’s marketplace annually in product categories that include heavy equipment; commercial and industrial equipment; real estate; fine art, antiques and collectibles and more.
Founded in 2001, Proxibid is headquartered in Omaha, NE with offices in South Sioux City, NE and London. For more information about Proxibid, please visit www.proxibid.com.
About Silverstone Auctions
Formed in 2011, Silverstone Auctions is a world-class, specialist auction house for the sale of classic cars, modern supercars, all types of competition cars, modern and historic motorcycles as well as automotive memorabilia.
The company holds the exclusive automotive auction rights for Silverstone circuit and host sales as stand-alone events as well as an integrated element of some of Europe’s biggest motorsport events such as the Silverstone Classic Festival. In addition to sales at the circuit, it also hosts a number of auctions each year at other major classic car events including the NEC Classic Motor Show, Race Retro, and Salon Privé.