The Elegance at Hershey is known among car collectors as an excellent opportunity browse rare and vintage automobiles. Enthusiasts from around the world converge on The Hershey Hotel in June to experience vehicles ranging from pre-war classics to modern sports cars, imports, military vehicles, and race models spanning several decades.
In 2016, The Elegance at Hershey will feature an auction – a rare opportunity for collectors to take home some of the world’s best automobiles.
For pre-war collectors and enthusiasts, it is a truly can’t miss event. The hotel itself is a built in the 1933, is a fitting scene to enjoy the vehicles of the same era. The Hotel Hershey’s architectural style has Spanish and Italian influences with a Spanish patio, tiled floors, a grand fountain, archways, and a villa-style balcony overlooking the expanse of Hershey Gardens and the Hershey valley. As a member of the Historic Hotels of America, the venue is a leap back in time.
Online bidding will be conducted by Proxibid. Bidding for The Finest Automobile Auctions’ collection is available now. Live bidding will begin on June 11, 2016 at 1:00 pm Eastern.
Some of the featured vehicles include:
- 1938 Mercedes Benz 540K Norrmalm Cabriolet: This is one of only three cars known to exist with Norrmalm coachwork, and the only Mercedes Benz with the aforementioned design. The vehicle’s heavy top and structure with clean lines is an innovative technique for the time. Est: $950,000 – $1.3M.
- 1939 Bentley Mark V 4.25 Litre: Perhaps the most exquisite Bentley Mark V ever produced, this is the only cabriolet made in this model. This pre-war Bentley is a piece of the JWR collection, and is estimated at $850,000 – $1.2M.
- 1952 SIATA: 300 BC Sport Spider: The third of 40 built, this beautiful machine is an award-winning privateer racer that recently underwent a $247,000 refurbishment and is ready to roll. It is estimated at $350,000 – $425,000.
- 1927 Bugatti Type 38A Grand Sport: Bugatti produced only 385 Type 38 automobiles with only 39 in the supercharged 38-A form such as this vehicle. This automobile is part of The JWR Collection. Est: $400,000 – $600,000.
- 1932 Hupmobile Series R-11 5 Passenger Special Touring: This classic vehicle is not only in great condition, but proceeds will benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. The vehicle is estimated at $8,500 – $15,000.
- 1954 Jaguar XK120M Race Trim: Considered by many to be one of the most beautiful cars ever produced, the Jaguar XK120 debuted at the London Motor Show in 1948, and was the fastest production car in the world at the time of its launch. Est. $100,000-$150,000.
For more information, read our recent press release.