It’s time for you to upgrade your heavy machinery equipment, but you have your concerns, you aren’t sure where to go and what to buy. One the best places to buy used heavy machinery equipment for your business is with an online auction company like Proxibid! We offer the latest in heavy machinery equipment from earth moving to bulldozers. If you need it we sell it!
How can you ensure the heavy equipment machinery you’re spending all this money on is worth it?
Follow these tips:
Inspect the seller
The first thing to do before any auction is to check out the seller. The internet makes it so easy for your to online shop and check the history of the auction company or person selling used heavy machinery equipment. This is a tool you already pay for, so use it to help you save time and money! The best way to do this:
– Check out what other buyers are saying about the auction company.
– Check out the machine they’re selling and do your own research. Is the price fair? Is the machine the right year? Is everything there?
The next step is to check out the history of the used heavy machinery you plan on buying! Before investing a significant amount of money into this piece of equipment, make sure there are no liens against it and that it isn’t stolen!
How can you find this information out? Check for a title. The ownership can’t be transferred from the buyer to the seller if the equipment isn’t paid in full.
The second step is to make sure all the documentation is present, which proves there are no liens. You can call your bank to make sure the organization is trustful and that there are no liens on the company itself or the person.
This can be hard to do with an online auction; however, if you’re present in person this is an important step to not forget about. It is important to inspect and even test drive all used heavy machinery equipment before making the final purchase. These are the items you need to check when looking over your potential new piece of equipment:
– Fluids: It’s important to check the fluid levels in the oil, transmission, coolant, hydraulic fluid. If the fluids are low or there are none, then this piece of equipment has not been properly maintained!
Another warning sign to be on the lookout for is dirty or leaking fluid anywhere on the machine. This could be a huge red flag on the maintenance history of the vehicle.
– Signs of wear: You understand that there will be the day-to-day wear and tear on a piece of used heavy machinery equipment, it’s natural. It would almost be weird if there wasn’t any! However, large gashes, scratches, cracks and other wear and tear are not normal.
– Weld marks: This will give you a telltale sign of how many times this piece of machinery has been pieced together by the new owner or previous owners. The more welding the more issues the machine has had any major ones at that.
– Records: It’s important to know the history of all maintenance work done on the piece of used heavy machinery you’re about to purchase. From, the last oil change to the most recent tires, make sure the owner has a full list of maintenance work that has been completed on the vehicle. A look at this list helps you understand if the machine has been maintained at all.
These are three important tips to follow when going to an auction or bidding online. Either way, make sure to know who the seller is, their track record, maintenance on the machine and more.
For the latest construction, heavy equipment and earth moving equipment on the market go to our auction website- Proxibid.com.