Proxibid is committed to a great buying experience. Whether you’re a first time buyer or you’ve won your share of bidding wars, use this handy guide to navigate your next purchase at live or timed auction:
Buyer’s or internet premium:
- The buyer’s or internet premium is displayed on the catalog and in the terms of sale. Add the percentage to the hammer price when bidding to avoid surprises.
- Many sellers list shipping costs in the terms of sale. Visit the catalog page to review the shipping terms and costs.
- Proxibid has partnerships with Veritread and Uship to provide shipping estimates. To receive quotes from these partners, click “Get Estimate” on the item detail page.
- For more information on shipping, click here.
- If there is a sales tax applied to the item, most sellers include that information in the Terms of Sale.
- If you have questions about sales tax, we advise contacting the seller directly.
Financing a Purchase:
- Proxibid has partnered with Enverto to provide financing for buyers in the following categories: Commercial Trucks, Heavy Equipment, Farm Machinery and Implements, and Industrial Machinery and Equipment, Collector Cars and Vehicles. Click the “Financing Available” button in the catalog or item detail page to learn more and apply.
Learn More about the Seller:
- A star-based rating will appear for auction companies with a history of selling on Proxibid. Look for sellers with positive reviews.
- Below the seller rating, you may see badges, which tell you more about the seller. For example, the seller may be a member of the National Auctioneers Association or have low buyer’s premiums. Hover your cursor over the badge to learn more.
- For more information about seller ratings, click here.
- Some sellers hold events around the world. Before you buy, review the auction catalog to learn from where your item will be shipped.
- Are you reading a description and the item doesn’t seem to match? Report it to Proxibid by visiting the item detail page.
- This functionality exists to help keep the Marketplace free of counterfeit, illegal, inappropriate, and misrepresented inventory.
When in Doubt, Read the Terms of Sale:
- Before you buy, always fully read the term of sale. Understanding the seller’s terms helps create the best buying experience possible.
If you have any questions or need assistance, we’re here to help. Reach out to Proxibid’s Customer Support team at 877-505-7770, seven days a week. For more information about buying on Proxibid, click here.