In the spirit of Halloween, we have found the seven most unique items we have sold on Proxibid!
According to an old tradition, if a person wears his or hers clothes inside out and the walks backwards on Halloween, they will see a witch at midnight! Will you be seeing a witch tonight? At Proxibid, we have held thousands of auctions and have seen it all.
These are some of the weirdest, spookiest and downright great items that have been auctioned off on our website!
1. This Pontiac Bonneville from 1963 was responsible for the the president! Yup. This was an ambulance for the Defense Department that was assigned to Bethesda Naval Hospital. This car is the vehicle that transported John F. Kennedy to the hospital when his assassination happened! The rest of the vehicle’s history is a little murky, but it was used for carrying a president.
2. Archeologists would go crazy over these items that were auctioned off: dinosaur feces. This prehistoric dung was auctioned off with six pieces and about three to five and a half inches in length. You might be wondering if it stunk, the answer is no, the feces was so old that there wasn’t any smell left! (Thank goodness.) It was auctioned and ended up being sold for $70.00.
3. Yet again, another set of dinosaur feces. We are wondering what people are doing with this?! This was one small piece of feces and ended up selling for $3.50.
4. Another popular theme on our website are artifacts, antiques and collectibles similar to dinosaur feces. These are horse bones. Need to make a lamp?
5. A blast from the past is this original civil war field desk with all of the original documents that were kept inside! This desk belong to Jacob Widaman from the 8th Indiana Infantry.
The desk has over 500 documents, letters, general orders, post war documents and even more. We are wondering if it might be haunted. Think Widaman opens the desk on Hallows Eve to search for those old love letters from that special woman he left behind during the war? (We believe he does! Good luck to that owner.)
6. You needed a license to be a prostitute in the 1800s. Yes, a license to be a prostitute, you read it correctly. This real prostitution license from Dodge City, Kansas was for Rowdy Kate. This was signed by Marshal Wyatt Earp with the $10.00 bill with the license as well.
7. An auction we had little over a month ago was an exotic and native taxidermy auction auctioned off a number of animals with cute costumes. A cowboy squirrel, a raccoon head stuck in a log and other strange, but in their own way cute, animals were auctioned off!
8. A unique, to say the least, advertisement that states, “You can’t marry the gal cause she’s your sister.” If this advertisement could come alive and talk to us on Hallows Eve, we would love to hear the back story. So, calling all spirits to make this happen!
As you can see everything from dinosaur feces to the ambulance that carried John F. Kennedy to advertisements have all been auctioned off on our website. Don’t get spooked out, we have everyday normal items as well. Everything from tractors to vintage clothing or more unique items if you’re into that kind of stuff. We don’t judge.
Check out our website proxibid.com for all online auctions.
Proxibid is the most trusted way to connect buyers and sellers of rare and unique items online. Check out our different auctions each and everyday and our specialized auctions with a number of our premier sellers.