Porsche is one of the most revered brands in the collector car world. Silverstone Auctions is one of the most trusted collector car auction houses in Europe. When these two brands come together, the car collecting world stops to take notice. Silverstone Auctions will offer 65 Porsches for auction live at the historic Silverstone Circuit and online with Proxibid in the company’s second annual Porsche sale on October 15. In addition to the 65 high-caliber automobiles, more than 100 lots of automobilia will be sold in the one-day event.
Last year’s sale brought top dollar, including the most expensive car sold on Proxibid to date – a 1973 Porsche 911 for £365,000. With several cars carrying similar estimates, this auction will be one to watch.
- 1972 Porsche 911 S 2.4 Coupé: Just one of 146 right-hand drive examples supplied to the UK in 1972/73, this vehicle is a complete and matching numbers example and collection-ready. It has undergone substantial work to restore the vehicle to a superb condition. Est. £180,000 – £220,000.
- 2008 Porsche 911 (997) GT2: This particular GT2 is a left-hand drive example and is finished in Meteor Grey. Having covered just 13,800 miles, it has been well maintained and comes with an accompanying service history. Est. £130,000 – £150,000.
- 2004 Porsche Carrera GT: Firmly rooted in motorsport lineage the Carrera GT has a top speed of 205 mph. This stunning example was imported to the UK from the United States in 2009. Est. £440,000 – £480,000.
- 1992 Porsche 911 (964) Carrera RS: The recent surge in popularity of the 964 model is not unnoticed in this auction. Launched in 1989, the 964 is arguably the 911 that most faithfully combines modernity with the classic elements that made the car famous.This example is built in left-hand drive and carries an estimate of £140,000 – £160,000.
- 2010 Porsche 911 (997) GT RS - Gen 11: Critically acclaimed, the GT3 RS reaches 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds and a top speed of 196 mph. This example has covered just 21,500 miles from new and is finished in the distinctive color combination of Carrera White with Red wheels. Est. £135,000 – £155,000.