Omaha, NE—September 19, 2018—Proxibid, the most trusted way to connect buyers and sellers of highly valued items, will provide live online bidding when Silverstone Auctions brings its Porsche Sale and September Sale to the collector car world later this month. The live auctions will take place Friday, September 28 and Saturday, September 29 respectively in Southam, Warwickshire, UK and live online on Proxibid for those bidders unable to travel to the onsite location.
Held in association with the Porsche Club of Great Britain, the Porsche Sale brings 42 select Porsches—from vintage to modern—to collectors from across the globe. The September Sale offers a collection of some of the finest and most rare cars in the world up for sale. Featured vehicles up for bid include:
Porsche Sale, Friday, September 28:
- 2002 RUF RTurbo: This left-hand-drive ex-RUF factory press car was featured in the famous Nurburgring press video and on the front cover of Marc Bonger’s book “Porsche and RUF Sportscars”; EST: £180,000-£220,000
- 1962 Porsche 356B Cabriolet: This car has undergone an exclusive body refurbishment and full respray, along with new upholstery, and is now fitted with a more powerful 1600 Super Engine; comes with a NOVA reference number, Porsche COA, and California title; EST. £90,000-£110,000
- 1964 Porsche 356C Coupe: This left-hand-drive car was recently resprayed in its original Bali Blue paint; EST £55,000-£65,000
The September Sale, Saturday, September 29:
- 1967 Ford Mustang 390GT Bullitt Homage: This left-hand drive car recently underwent a $150,000 restoration and is finished with a two-stage PPG urethane paint in Dark Highland Green
- 1974 Lamborghini Espada Series III: This left-hand drive car had one owner from new until 2018 and sports just over 26,000 miles; this Series III Espada was manufactured in 1976 with Build Number 1176, and sold by its authorized dealer in Arizona in December 1976; EST £90,000-£110,000
- 1984 Renault 5 Turbo 2: With only 16,898 miles, this car has been owned by two private US collectors until it was imported into the UK in early 2018; EST £70,000-£80,000
“Both the Porsche Sale and The September Sale offer some of the most sought-after vehicles available for sale right now,” said Guy Lees-Milne, General Manager for Silverstone Auctions. “These auctions provide a unique opportunity for collectors from across the globe to add these extremely rare vehicles to their collections. And, through our partnership with Proxibid, we can offer online bidders the most secure way to bid and buy, even if they cannot attend the auctions in person.”
All sales on Proxibid are backed by the industry’s most sophisticated risk management and fraud protection system, designed to ensure buyers are safe when transacting online. That, combined with Proxibid’s 99.99%+ uptime and commitment to customer service makes it the best place for purchasing classic cars online.
For more information, to view the online catalogs, or to bid, please visit www.proxibid.com/silverstone.
Proxibid provides auction companies and asset owners with access to the most trusted way to buy and sell highly valued items online. More than $6 billion in inventory passes through Proxibid’s Marketplace annually via live and timed auctions, and Buy Now and Make Offer capabilities, across 16 categories including heavy equipment; industrial machinery; real estate; fine art; antiques and collectibles, and more.
Founded in 2001, Proxibid is headquartered in Omaha, NE with offices in London. For more information about Proxibid, please visit www.proxibid.com.