Scottsdale, AZ and Omaha, NE—June 13, 2016—Proxibid, the world’s most trusted way to connect buyers and sellers of highly valued items, will be the exclusive provider of online bidding for the Inaugural Barrett-Jackson Northeast Auction at Mohegan Sun June 23 – 25. Online buyers can participate with confidence via Proxibid, and bid from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.
“As the newest sale on the Barrett-Jackson auction calendar, we are excited to bring some of the most sought-after cars to Mohegan Sun,” said Craig Jackson, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Barrett-Jackson Auction Company. “The selection of cars is incredible and most will sell at no reserve. We are anticipating buyers from around the world to both attend the event and to bid online with Proxibid.”
The auction catalog will thrill even the most astute collector with rare and exceptional vehicles crossing the auction block over three days. Online and onsite buyers can place their bids for phenomenal vehicles, including:
- 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback – This two-owner Mustang is equipped with a 429 engine and 4-speed manual transmission. It has undergone a well-documented restoration with more than 300 detailed photos.
- 1956 Mercedes-Benz 190SL Roadster – Recently restored, this model is period-correct with German square weave carpets and tan leather upholstery accents. The engine compartment is clean, and powered by a 1.9-liter engine and 4-speed manual transmission.
- 1970 Plymouth HEMI Superbird – This car is one of only 77 HEMI automatics 426/425hp with two 4-barrel carburetors, power steering, power discs brakes and the original build sheet. A rare low-production car, this vehicle is a beautifully restored example with a 20 page visual inspection report to accompany the car.
- 1967 Ferrari 330 GT 2+2 – This Ferrari from the Wilson Collection underwent a ground-up restoration to concourse condition – recently winning Best in Class at the Cavallino Classic Car Sunday at Mar-A-Lago 2016.
- 2013 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta – A true example of a modern supercar, this Ferrari reaches 60 mph in 3 seconds and a top speed of 211 mph. This car has just 3,600 actual miles on the odometer and comes with all of the original factory manuals, Ferrari service record and a clean CARFAX report.
- 1966 Pontiac GTO Convertible – Selling at no reserve, this car is a California-built convertible GTO with the original 4-speed manual transmission and Barrier Blue color. Documented with PHS paperwork, the car has all of the period-correct touches that make this car a stand-out collector piece.
Proxibid is the only online provider in the industry to offer a comprehensive risk management system designed specifically to facilitate high dollar transactions. More than 14,000 sales events take place in the Proxibid Marketplace annually, and more than 13,000 new buyers join the Marketplace each month. The site is 100 percent PCI compliant, which when combined with its enterprise-level technology and infrastructure, boasts a 99.9+ percent uptime, making it the most trusted place to buy and sell collector cars online.
Visit on online at www.proxibid.com
Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/proxibid
Follow us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/proxibid
Follow us on Instagram www.instagram.com/proxibid
About The Barrett-Jackson Auction Company
Established in 1971 and headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Barrett-Jackson, The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions®, is the leader in collector car auctions and automotive lifestyle events. The company produces auctions in Scottsdale, Arizona; Palm Beach, Florida; at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut, and Las Vegas, Nevada. With broadcast partners, Velocity and Discovery Channel, Barrett-Jackson will feature live television coverage in 2016, including broadcasts in over 100 countries internationally. Barrett-Jackson also endorses a one-of-a-kind collector car insurance for collector vehicles and other valued belongings. For more information about Barrett-Jackson, visit http://www.barrett-jackson.com, or call 480-421-6694.
Proxibid provides auction companies and asset owners with access to the most trusted way to buy and sell highly valued items online. More than $4 billion in inventory passes through Proxibid’s Marketplace annually via live and timed auctions, and Buy Now and Make Offer capabilities, across 15 categories that include heavy equipment; industrial machinery; real estate; fine art; antiques and collectibles, and more.
Founded in 2001, Proxibid is headquartered in Omaha, NE with offices in South Sioux City, NE and London. For more information about Proxibid, please visit www.proxibid.com.