Omaha, Nebraska – October 24, 2016 – Proxibid (www.proxibid.com), world’s most trusted way to connect buyers and sellers of highly valued items, will provide online bidding for the Silverstone NEC Classic Motor Show sale in Birmingham, UK. Live onsite bidding will take place November 12—13 at 12PM GMT daily. For collectors unable to travel to the event, prebidding and live online bidding is exclusively available via Proxibid by visiting the auction catalog.
Sure to be a marquee event for car collectors across the globe, the NEC sale will feature an incredible assortment of classic vehicles dubbed the “Jewels in the Crown” Collection. Most notably, two vehicles that served as the personal conveyance of HM Queen Elizabeth II will be crossing the auction block during the event.
The “Jewels in the Crown” Collection features not only the personal cars of English royalty, but also includes several rides owned by celebrities, politicians, and world leaders. Some of the most exciting lots in the 12 car collection include:
- 2012 Bentley Mulsanne – Formerly the Personal Conveyance of HM Queen Elizabeth II: Produced especially by Bentley for the Queen at her 2012 Diamond Jubilee tour of Great Britain, this vehicle conveyed the queen to her only Cabinet Meeting at 10 Downing Street in 2012. Est. £215,000 - £235,000.
- 1994 Audi Cabriolet – Princess Diana’s family car: The beloved vehicle is in superb condition with a history file containing several good-quality photographs of Diana using the car. She personally traveled an estimated 4,000 miles in the vehicle. Est. £50,000 - £60,000.
- 2001 Daimler Supercharged V8 – Formerly the Personal Conveyance of HM Queen Elizabeth II: Built to the personal specification of The Queen, Her Majesty traveled more than 11,000 miles in the vehicle. The car is appropriately finished in British Racing Green and remains in excellent condition. Est. £50,000 - £60,000.
- 2005 Rolls-Royce Phantom – Formerly the Property of Sir Elton John: In December 2005, the car was his carriage of choice on the occasion of his civil wedding to Davis Furnish. Extensive media coverage at the time shows the couple arriving in the car. Today, the odometer reads just 6,600 miles. Est. £135,000 - £155,000.
- 1980 Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith II – Formerly the Personal Car of HRH Princess Margaret: The vehicle was delivered to Princess Margaret in May of 1980 to her exact specifications. The vehicle was used for both public and private engagements, and even transported her family to her private funeral in 2002. Est. £90,000 - £110,000.
- 1970 Wood & Pickett Mini Cooper S Mk II – This vehicle was once owned John Hammel, the personal assistant and guitar technician to Sir Paul McCartney. Est. £45,000 - £50,000.
Due to the high value and wide reaching appeal of these vehicles, interested buyers who cannot attend the live auction can expect a safe and thrilling experience on Proxibid’s best-in-class online bidding platform. Proxibid is the only online Marketplace with a fraud prevention system designed specifically to protect high dollar purchases like the exceptional motor vehicles in this sale. In addition, Proxibid’s platform mirrors the onsite experience, where the buyer can see and hear the auctioneer in real-time, transferring the excitement of the auction to the buyer’s home or office.
“Due to the amazing provenance of these vehicles, we are expecting interest to be high from buyers around the globe,” said Nick Whale, Managing Director of Silverstone Auctions. “We understand that not every interested buyer will be able to join us in the UK, so we are excited to offer the auction on Proxibid. Bidders can expect the same incredible Silverstone Auction experience of the onsite buyers on Proxibid’s platform.”
For more information about Silverstone Auctions, to view auction catalogs, or to place bids, please visit the auction catalog.
Visit us online at www.proxibid.com
Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/proxibid
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/proxibid
Follow us on Instagram www.instagram.com/proxibid
Proxibid provides auction companies and asset owners with access to the most trusted way to buy and sell highly valued items online. More than $4 billion in inventory passes through Proxibid’s Marketplace annually via live and timed auctions, and Buy Now and Make Offer capabilities, across 15 categories that include heavy equipment; industrial machinery; real estate; fine art; antiques and collectibles, and more.
Founded in 2001, Proxibid is headquartered in Omaha, NE with offices in South Sioux City, NE and London. For more information about Proxibid, please visit www.proxibid.com.