Coys of Kensington, a specialty auction house for fine historic automobiles, will present another incredible auction on Proxibid in September. Taking place at the picturesque Fontwell House in West Sussex, the auction will feature pre-and post-war racing, sports, and touring cars of the highest quality.
While we’d all love to pack up and fly to the UK for the auction, interested buyers who cannot attend in person can participate from anywhere in the world via Proxibid. The live auction will begin September 7 at 4pm EUR, but online bidding is already available by visiting the auction catalog.
- 1960 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster: every collection must contain a 300SL, and this example is a worthy piece for even the most astute buyer. With just 70,000 km from new and recent restoration, the car on offer is stunning and one of the best seen by Coys in recent years.
- 1973 Trojan T101 F5000: The T101 was an immediate success, winning eight F500 races on both sides of the Atlantic. This vehicle is in race ready condition, and carries an estimate of £90,000 to £110,000
- 1950 Jaguar XK120 Alloy Competition Roadster: A lovely older restoration, this vehicle is being sold out of long-term private ownership, used sparingly for club meetings. The alloy bodied XK120s are increasingly desirable, and it is estimated to sell for between £200,000 and £250,000.
- 1951 Jaguar XK120 Roadster: Jaguar’s XK120 was a huge success not just on the track, but aslo as a road car. The example on offer was carefully restored and driven lightly, causing the car to be of remarkable quality. Estimations range from £80,000 to £100,000.
- 1939 Bentley 4 ¼ Sportsmans Coupe: This prewar overdrive car is one of five derby Bently chasis built by famed French carosserier De Villars. The car comes with an enormous history file, detailing the fine order the car is presented in today. It is estimated at £120,000 -150,000.
- 1963 Lotus 23B: One of the most successful Lotus racers ever, the 23 is a two-seater based around a multi-tubular spaceframe chassis. This 23B for offer is finished in the iconic Lotus colors of Green and Gold, and has done just four races since refurbishment of the gearbox and engine. It is estimated to fetch £50,000 - £60,000.