Omaha, Nebraska – March 14, 2015 – Proxibid, the world’s most trusted way to connect buyers and sellers of highly valued items, will provide online bidding for the Classic Car Auctions’ (CCA) March Sale in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, UK. Live bidding will begin March 19 at 12:30pm EUR (GMT), but online bidding is already available on Proxibid.
CCA is a specialist classic car auction house for the “everyman” classic, valued between approximately £5,000 and £50,000. While the sale takes place in the UK, several left-hand drive vehicles and ex-celebrity rides will be available during the sale. With the relative strength of the US dollar against the British Pound, now is the perfect time to purchase a collector car from the UK.
Featured lots in the sale include:
- 1966 Ford Mustang 289 2+2 Fastback: This 2+2 Fastback in left-hand drive has been fully restored with new wings, rear quarters, doors, and floors. The engine and gearbox have been completely rebuilt, making this the “newest” 1966 Mustang on the market.
- 2005 Maserati Quattroporte V: Formerly owned by Sir Elton John, this vehicle comes with an extensive history file. The exotic Italian sports car is offered in right-hand drive with a mere 28,000 miles showing on the odometer.
- 1965 VW Split Screen Campervan: This well presented vehicle has undergone recent upgrades, including suspension. The 1965 Volkswagen is a left-hand drive model, and would be an excellent addition to an American collection.
- 1989 Ford Sierra Sapphire RS Cosworth: Coming with a partial history file, this vehicle was driven by Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear in 2010. The second generation 4-door Sapphire Cosworth is a great example of power, achieving 142 mph on the Autobahn by Clarkson during one of their notable challenges on the program.
- 1960 Ford Thunderbird: Nothing says classic American car quite like a T-bird. Offered in left-hand drive, this model is “show standard” and shows just 59,000 miles. It is sold with an extensive history file, including original dealer order and bill of sale.
- 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E Saloon: This highly collectable model, offered in left-hand drive, was supplied new to the European Market in 1992 before being exported to Japan in 1997 to enjoy salt-free roads. This well maintained model reads 65,000 miles.
“Utilizing Proxibid to bring our events to international buyers is essential,” said Guy Lees-Milne, General Manager of Classic Car Auctions, Ltd. “While we have several collectable left-hand drive vehicles that are attractive to US buyers, Proxibid ensures that all transactions are safe and secure.”
Those who cannot attend the auction in person can bid with confidence online. Proxibid is the only online Marketplace with a fraud prevention system designed specifically to protect high dollar purchases like the exceptional motor vehicles in this sale.
For more information about Classic Car Auctions, Ltd., to view auction catalogs, or to place bids, please visit the catalog.
Visit us online at www.proxibid.com
“Like” us on Facebook www.facebook.com/proxibid
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/proxibid
Proxibid provides asset owners of all sizes and buyers with access to the world’s most trusted online Marketplace and selling solutions for excess inventory. More than $4 billion in inventory passes through Proxibid’s marketplace annually in product categories that include heavy equipment; commercial and industrial equipment; real estate; fine art, antiques and collectibles and more.
Founded in 2001, Proxibid is headquartered in Omaha, NE with offices in South Sioux City, NE and London. For more information about Proxibid, please visit www.proxibid.com.