This year’s Salon Privé sale, presented by Silverstone Auctions, promises to be the best collection of low-mile and excellent quality vehicles ever seen in the history of the auction. Taking place September 4th, buyers from all over the world can participate online with Proxibid by visiting the catalog. Here are 11 of the cars you need to see at Salon Privé:
- Lot 257 – 1990 Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II: This Evo II is number 452 of 502 cars ever made and was supplied new to the U.K. in 1990. It was purchased by a collector and stored at a dealer for approximately 10 years, only covering a few road miles during this period. Today, the vehicle has covered just 885 miles.
- Lot 258 – 1968 Shelby GT500 : An American classic, this Shelby has covered just 200 fine-weather miles in the last six years and has been kept in pristine condition. It was ordered new in 1967 and delivered to Joe Myers Ford in Houston with the fantastic 428ci 4-Valve engine. This extremely rare Shelby GT500 is surely the ultimate ‘Muscle Car’ and is one of the finest examples in Europe.
- Lot 204 – 1990 Audi RS Quattro Turbo 20v: In show condition, this best-of-breed example is extremely clean and shows a total mileage of just 16,231. This vehicle features a manual 4-speed wide-ratio transmission, power disc brakes and power steering.
- Lot 207 – 1959 Jaguar XK150 3.4 S Drophead Coupe: One of 37 right hand drive examples ever produced, the vehicle offered is finished in a stunning pearl grey with red hood envelop and crank damper. It is estimated between £130,000 – £160,000.
- Lot 209 – 1973 Citroen DS Super 5: Having undergone a high quality restoration and featured on both Top Gear and Fifth Gear, this example is delivered with a full history of photographic restoration folders, 150 magazine features, and more. It simply must be seen to be believed.
- Lot 211 – 1998 Ferrari 550 Maranello: Delivered new to the Isle of Man from an official Ferrari dealer in 1998, the vehicle has covered just 1,977 miles since. It has clearly been meticulously maintained, carrying an estimate of £180,000.
- Lot 218 – 1992 Lotus Esprit Turbo SE: This car was first registered in the U.K. in 1992 and has covered an incredible 1,800 miles from new. The bodywork is finished in the original flat black and interior is the original cream leather hide in preserved condition.
- Lot 222 – 1982 Ferrari 512 BBi: Having covered limited miles of just 9,008, the Ferrari offered is in impressive condition with a full breakdown of all maintenance and restoration included with the vehicle.
- Lot 228 – 2016 Lamborghini Aventador SV Roadster 1 of 500: Featuring three engine modes and a top speed of 217mph, this is the fastest Lamborghini convertible ever built. This example has a bespoke interior and just 59 km on the odometer.
- Lot 250 – 2011 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0: This RS has been regularly maintained annually and has covered 27,000 miles. This car is a must have for the Porsche collector and enthusiast.
- Lot 267 – 1992 Ferrari 512TR: Finished in Rossa Corsa with a Nero Black leather interior, the “new car smell” is still evident in this 24-year-old vehicle. With 5,157 miles on the odometer, this vehicle is possibly one of the finest conditioned 512 TRs available on the market.
Want to see more? Read our press release or visit the auction catalog.